Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with @easyhostmedia the CWP is good enough. For this reason it become more and more popular.
    HostColor.com - Cloud Servers & High Availability Hosting
    w/ Fault-Tolerance & Built-in Data Protection
    Data centers ★★ in the U.S. & Europe

Comment

I have used many different control panels for my company's webhosting servers and out of all of them, cPanel is by far the best and easiest control panel to use, in which your webhosting customers will love. A control panel such as CPanel is very important to have on your server if you want to get customers to signup for hosting from you and stay with you.

Dennis
      Dennis - Cyclone Hosting Owner
      Shared Hosting | Reseller Hosting | CPanel | SEO Tools | SEO Backlink Services | Free Transfers
      https://www.cyclone-hosting.net

Comment

cPanel is the most popular control panel for web hosting. It is easy to use. so many people pay for this just because it is easy to use.

Comment

I agree that cPanel is the most popular control panel for web hosting (probably shared web hosting) but we can not truly be dependent on it. <snipped>
          Last edited by HTCL; 19-10-2019, 01:57 PM. Reason: Removed self-promotional content. The Marketplace forums are for that. ;)

Comment

Yes, because basically, cPanel is a handy tool that you need to ensure that your web hosting experience is as comfortable as it can be. Without it, managing a website will be stressful and difficult at best.

Comment

Originally posted by Anniego_Server View Post
              Yes, because basically, cPanel is a handy tool that you need to ensure that your web hosting experience is as comfortable as it can be. Without it, managing a website will be stressful and difficult at best.
              You 100% DON'T need cPanel

CWP
              VestaCP
              DirectAdmin
              Plesk

+ many more Control Panels are available alternatives to cPanel

Comment

It all comes to to personal preferences. Some people couldn’t do without cPanel and some people would be quite happy to try another. From a server administration point of view I find cPanel the easiest to work with but others may find DA, Plesk etc easier.

Comment

Originally posted by easyhostmedia View Post

CWP
                  VestaCP
                  DirectAdmin
                  Plesk

Well, it's up to the user actually. And yes, there are other alternative tools.

Comment

Originally posted by Anniego_Server View Post

Well, it's up to the user actually. And yes, there are other alternative tools.
                    yes, but your comment implied that you need cpanel to manage a website stress free which i was just saying you dont need to have cPanel, infact if you know what you are doing you dont even need any control panel

Comment

CWP
                      VestaCP
                      DirectAdmin
                      Plesk

CentminMod is a good free option, if you own the sites on a VPS
                      CyberPanel is also a good paid option for control panel
                      HTCL likes this.
                      BountySite: Every Website deserves Security
                      Website Time Machine with Offsite Security Scanning | The Bounty Program for Hosting Industry
                      FileTrail - Full Server Backup | SSHTrail - SSH Jumpbox

Comment

Yes, it really depends on how familiar you are with Linux and whether you prefer to use a GUI or command line. If you prefer GUI then cPanel is the best hands down and worth the cost, IMO.

I read that 65% of system administrations prefer to use a GUI over command line to manage a firewall. So even experienced system administrators prefer to use GUI (cPanel).

There are a lot of free and paid GUI panels but keep in mind a lot of them are not truly tried and tested or as secure as they should be. There were some major problems with some of the following control panels:
                        • CyberPanel
                        • VestaCP
                        • Webmin/Virtualmin
                        • CentoOS Web Panel
                        to name a few.

I believe many of the issues have now been fixed.

For free, ISPConfig is supposed to be the most secure, but it is nothing compared to paid cPanel software UI/UX and features wise.

For paid software, cPanel seems to be the safest tried and tested option.

You may also check
                        • APNSCP
                        Hope that helps.
                        Hosting Talk is hosted by HostXNow

Comment

Originally posted by HTCL View Post
                          Yes, it really depends on how familiar you are with Linux and whether you prefer to use a GUI or command line. If you prefer GUI then cPanel is the best hands down and worth the cost, IMO.

I read that 65% of system administrations prefer to use a GUI over command line to manage a firewall. So even experienced system administrators prefer to use GUI (cPanel).

There are a lot of free and paid GUI panels but keep in mind a lot of them are not truly tried and tested or as secure as they should be. There were some major problems with some of the following control panels:
                          • CyberPanel
                          • VestaCP
                          • Webmin/Virtualmin
                          • CentoOS Web Panel
                          to name a few.

I believe many of the issues have now been fixed.

For free, ISPConfig is supposed to be the most secure, but it is nothing compared to paid cPanel software UI/UX and features wise.

For paid software, cPanel seems to be the safest tried and tested option.

You may also check
                          • APNSCP
                          Hope that helps.
                          All GUI (paid or unpaid) have issues and that also includes cPanel. It is a case of how these are fixed and how fast they are fixed.

with cPanel one of the issues is when they include items by default in updates that are active by default, so you as a host have no say rather than tell you of this feature and have it included inactive, so you can chose to offer it or enable it. If you suggest this in a support ticket then they report you to their supervisor as a difficult customer.

Comment

All GUI (paid or unpaid) have issues and that also includes cPanel. It is a case of how these are fixed and how fast they are fixed.
                            True. I have found cPanel to release security fixes much quicker compared to other control panels, at least compared to the free and open-source ones.

with cPanel one of the issues is when they include items by default in updates that are active by default, so you as a host have no say rather than tell you of this feature and have it included inactive, so you can choose to offer it or enable it. If you suggest this in a support ticket then they report you to their supervisor as a difficult customer.
                            Yes, it is known they do that and some get annoyed by it. But that aside, cPanel wins security, features and UI/UX wise, at least for me anyway. Each to their own.
                            Hosting Talk is hosted by HostXNow

Comment

I find that cPanel is the most requested, and also the most stable.

Comment

Originally posted by reptiliahost View Post
                                I find that cPanel is the most requested, and also the most stable.
                                I agree, this happens to us too. We although have had some direct admin requests because of the pricing increases.

Comment

Originally posted by TMTHosting View Post

I agree, this happens to us too. We although have had some direct admin requests because of the pricing increases.
                                  Yes, cPanel price changes have made a difference recently, but we offer Plesk as we find Plesk is the next best-developed control panel and has lots of extensions.

Comment

Originally posted by reptiliahost View Post

Yes, cPanel price changes have made a difference recently, but we offer Plesk as we find Plesk is the next best-developed control panel and has lots of extensions.
                                    You are aware Plesk and cPanel are owned by the same company

On August 20, 2018 cPanel announced it had signed an agreement to be acquired by a group led by Oakley Capital (who also own Plesk and SolusVM).

Comment

Advertisement

Collapse

Connect With Us

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Register for Free!

Collapse

Registration at Hosting Talk is completely free and takes only a few seconds. By registering you'll gain:

- Full Posting Privileges.
                                    - Access to Private Messaging.
                                    - Optional Email Notification.
                                    - Ability to Fully Participate.
                                    - And Much More.

Register Now, or check out the Site Tour and find out everything Hosting Talk has to offer.

Advertisment

Collapse

Working...
                                    X